The Hospital has at least 500 kids that live in shelter houses because they won’t be able to survive outside of these structures. Even though the enormous difficulties to find a place for everyone, the Pediatric Hospital of Kimbondo welcomes everyone, they never say NO.
There are different buildings where children abandoned or orphaned live:
- Neonatology: in this building there are about 100 children between the age of 0 and 4 years. It is part of the hospital and it is continuously monitored by nurses.
- Foyer de la Paix, is the house that welcomes children between 3 and 6 years of age.
- Casa Patrick has about 100 kids with disability. The number in this structure varies continuously. There is an office for the physical therapy and a play room. In 2012 was started the “Casa Patrick project” to increase the education service and the assistance for this structure.
- Casa Nzimbi I and Nzimbi II welcomes respectively boys and girls from 6 to 12 years old.
- Casa Boboto and Casa Bondeko welcomes adolescent boys.
- Casa Betty (built in 2012) has two structures, one for adolescent girls and a house for religious sisters.
- Casa Laura, (built in 2012) offers a home to older boys.